Monday, October 4, 2010

Formal Letter Request For Allowance

Documentary on Steve Rude

Steve Rude is (or was, seems to leave the profession) one of the cartoonists with a very distinctive style and defined. In my view it is as if Jack would unite Kibya and Steve Ditko in one drawer, with quality and techniques today.

Rude Abandoning the profession makes me think of my evolution as a comic book reader. I started reading comics regularly with the release of zinc from the John Byrne Superman . At that time I fixed a lot more in the picture (or what he meant by drawing at the time) than the script. Everything that was not level or Byrne George Perez at the time it seemed bad. Judge you as you draw with this video

By then salted for sale a prestige format miniseries called "The World's Best "scripted by Dave Gibbons and drawn by Rude. The series does not upset me, but the drawing, although he had an interesting charcoal in the backs, I did not like. I looked pretty bad. It has been many years and even keep the issue in three prestige of zinc, also I have a rather large absolute edition on my shelf.

Over time, I read a few comics, and I've started to see things you did not see before. In a drawer and do not judge him because I make some cool poses now enjoy the elegance, personal style of the author (either simple or complex), especially of fiction, how to make interesting everyday situations. I guess that happens all over, if you read lots of novels, there comes a time when not only value what you have but how you count, and the same will happen with other media. You call and what was new, now I've seen a million times and looking for other things.

And no, I've become a gafapasta, although it may have some interest in a comic English, French-Belgian, or a fanzine Galician, always I'll enjoy these guys in pajamas with pants over pants.

But what was that I lost. Today, I am surprised that a guy like Steve Rude had to leave the job of a cartoonist, it seems to do it for pride, as if they feel valued. Y I am surprised that so many middle-known artists to collaborate on this film, I guess, as expected, it will not come to Spain. Menudo

rollazo in onion grandfather plan, I have dropped it that I GuiƱo old man ... yes, but PIJAMERO never gafapasta.

0 comments:

Post a Comment